Sunday 5 June 2016

External Engagement: Studio Visit - Lo Siento





Whilst in Barcelona my next stop was to visit Lo Siento. To initiate conversation I emailed them in my best Spanish. Although this was tricky, I figured they would appreciate the effort I put in to write to them. It most definitely payed off because they got back to me, explaining that they'd be more than happy to have me stop by, as long as I gave them details and dates.

I've always admired their work, and although at this point I am already sure that I won't be going on to work in a studio this was still a great experience that I learnt a lot from. They could'nt house me for long, so I spent a few house basically on a walkthrough, they showed me their work stations, and small pieces they had finished.

The studio is tiny, considering the quality of work they produce with only three of them working on a project that day. Cristina, a graphic designer sat with me and asked about my progress with the course and what I wanted to etc.

Overall is was a great experience, to see a working studio, though admittedly it was intimidating, as they are such a hugely successful studio.






 

.

I admire this studio for their concepts and how they practice working outside the box and their refreshing take on different mediums. Although it is still not a path for me it was still an invaluable experience